- 200g Diced Chicken or Drum sticks
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 inch Piece of Ginger crushed
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 piece Pandan (2 inch pieces)
- 3 Green Chillies
- 3 cloves Cardamon pods shelled & crushed
- 2 tea spoons Coriander powder
- 1 tea spoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tea spoons Plain Curry powder
- 1 tea spoons Mild Roasted Curry powder
- 2 tea spoons Chilli flakes
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt 1 3/4 tea spoon (or to taste)
- 2 tble sp Lemon juice
- 2 pieces Lemon grass (3 inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 tble sp unrefined Coconut oil
Fry diced onion until it’s golden brown.
Add crushed Cardamom Pods, Curry leaves, Pandan leaves once onions are brown and cook for half a minute.
Add Coriander powder and Plain curry powder into the Onion mixture and cook while stirring for Half a minute on Low Heat.
Add the chicken and keep stirring and let the chicken turn slightly brown and coat with the spices.
Add Diced Tomatoes, Crushed Ginger, Turmeric powder, Plain Curry Powder , Raw chillies, Chilli flakes, Cloves, Lemon grass and Mild roasted curry powder and stir it all up and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Add 1 cup water and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Add Coconut milk, Salt and Pepper and bring it to boil for 1 minute (increase heat for 1 minute). Close with a lid and let it simmer on very low heat for about 30 minutes.
Turn off heat & add Lemon juice and stir the curry.
Add more Salt/ Chilli or Lemon if needed.
Serve with rice.
(Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic when you add chilli flakes – Optional)
If you find this article interesting or useful please leave a comment/like – Thank you 🙂