- 1 Cup Yellow split Lentils (Rinse and soak for half an hour)
- 12 small Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 Leek
- 4 Gluten and Garlic free Chicken/ Vegetable stock cubes
- 2 Inch piece Ginger
- 5 Cups of Water
- Fresh Parsley and Croutons to garnish
- 4 tbl sp Olive oil
- Pepper and Sea Salt to taste
Rinse the leek and slice into 1 inch pieces.
Heat oil and add leek. Cook until it has softened.
Add diced potatoes and soaked lentils to the leek mixture
Peel and dice ginger into small pieces and add to the mixture
Add 5 cups of water and bring to boil.
Add 4 cubes of stock, stir will, close lid and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes
After 30 minutes check if the potatoes have boiled.
Puree the potato mixture using a blender or a stick blender until softened.
Add cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
Serve garnished with parsley and Croutons.
(By adding yellow split lentils it gives the dish a nutty flavour and lentils are a good source of protein)
If you have found this article interesting or useful please leave a comment/like – Thank you 🙂